Biometric diagnostic device for measuring the axial dimension and front of the human eye, and for determining the appropriate intraocular lenses
Allegro WaveLight® Biograph is OLCR (optical low-coherence reflectometer) biometric diagnostic device for measuring the axial dimension and front of the human eye, and for determining the appropriate intraocular lens (IOL), which is used as a preparatory procedure of cataract and refractive surgeries. It is based on the low coherent reflectometry, the most advanced and precise optical method for measuring the eye axial length, with the accuracy of 0.01 mm.
The main role of this device is to determine artificial diopter lenses built in during cataract surgery, especially when inserting premium lenses which include as well multifocal lenses.
This appliance enables much more precise measurements than those obtained by ultrasound, with the accuracy of 0.1 mm. There is also an integrated software using the 3rd and 4th generation of formula for calculating intraocular lens diopter power.
Allegro WaveLight is designed for people with high minus prescription, affected eyes or those with silicone oil in eyes, which with the means of superluminescent diode (SLD) has a better penetration to blurred lens.
Key functions of the device include:
- Measurement of the eyeball length
- Measurement of the corneal thickness (pachymetry)
- Measurement of the anterior chamber depth
- Measurement of the natural lens thickness
- Measurement of the retina thickness
- Measurement of the cornea curvature (keratometry)
- Measurement of the pupil width and ratio of optical axis in relation to the pupil center